in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

White "Dust" On Leaves

Last post 01-14-2017 7:56 PM by admin. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-29-2015 4:07 PM

White "Dust" On Leaves

Hello,

I am growing some potted indoor Kordana roses that were vegetating really well, showing a tone of new leaf production after cutting off the dead heads. I can't remember if I saw this white dust start to form on the leaves before or after applying a very light dose of water-soluble rose food, but would anyone know what I am dealing with here and an effective way to control this "dust"?

• 01-14-2017 7:56 PM In reply to

• admin
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-27-2006
    • Posts 24

Re: White "Dust" On Leaves

That white dust is powdery mildew which is a fungus that grows on the rose bush leaves. Unfortunately, the fungus was probably in the soil of the plant when you bought it. Water the plant soil and you don't see it but the fungus floats up thought the air and lands on the leaf of the plant. It then spreads and you see the white dusting. There are fungicides that you can buy, but clipping off all the infected leaves is also a solution of the spreading fungus. I would re-plant the bush in new soil mixed with rose growing additives.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.