in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

moving roses

Last post 01-01-2007 3:56 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-01-2007 3:55 PM

moving roses

Hello. Does anyone have any advice about moving roses from the ground to large pots? I live in zone 6 - Quincy, Mass - just south of Boston, about 2 miles inland from the coast. I am building a deck in my small yard and I have 3 hybrid teas that will need to be moved....I'm thinking of putting them into pots that can then be placed on the deck. Supposing that I can do that, when is the best time to move them? The ground does not appear to be frozen right now but I think I need to wait a little longer. Also, what do I do with these pots when the weather turns cold? Should they be moved indoors? What type of winter care should they receive? Thank you!
  • 01-01-2007 3:56 PM In reply to

Re: moving roses

I have never advocated putting roses in anything but the ground but this is your decision....I would transplant them to a pot (that will be well drained) while they are domant....and I feel that when it turns cold again I would devise someway to put pot and all back in the ground and mulch it well...do not feed the plants anything prior to 3 months of freezing weather....feed them about a month or so before leaves should appear again...good luck.....
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.