in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

no flowers

Last post 01-02-2007 9:01 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2007 9:01 PM

no flowers

I have a rose bush that has produced one flower in 5 years. Not sure of the type of rose bush it is, but every year it grows lots of foilage. It appears to be very healthy but never any flowers. I have tried rose food, banana peels(as suggested),I prune it way back one year let it go the next and still nothing. Only 2 feet away is another rose bush which prodoces many flowers thru out the summer. Should I just give up on this bush or is there something I can do?
  • 01-02-2007 9:01 PM In reply to

Re: no flowers

How ironic..same name, same problem. My husband gave me a climber 5 yrs ago. It gave us one flower. We pruned and fertilized just like the other bushes, still no blooms. Then an older gardener told us to stop prunning. He said some heirloom types bloom only on old wood. Now, after 4 yrs we have the largest, most beautiful fragrant roses ever. We are moving in Sept and will have to prune alittle. Hopefully we will be more careful and next spring we will once again have blooms.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.