in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

in shock

Last post 01-01-2007 5:17 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-01-2007 5:16 PM

in shock

Hello all, I recently bought a European Rose Tree and I replanted it yesderday in a huge pot I think its about 15 gal. And it was in a 1 gal conatiner when i got it and it started to die and I replanted it and all the leaves fell off and about all the buds fell off and died! I think its in shock. Anyone that has any clue to what is happening to my Rose Tree.
  • 01-01-2007 5:17 PM In reply to

Re: in shock

Did the soil fall off the rose when you were moving it out of the old pot into the new pot? It sounds like their may have been some root damage. If this is the case, I would move the rose into a shady spot in the garden, and keep it watered well, try to get those roots growing again. Do not fertilize it. Did you fertilize it and perhaps use to much fertilizer after you transplanted it? Just some ideas, really hard to say without having seen you transplant it, and how you transplanted it into the bigger pot.

well all the bottem roots were a yellowly brown and my grandma helped me transplant it. it is still in the same soil that it was in when i took it out of the pot and put it into a bigger pot. i watered it with some reg mircle-gro and then some about a week later that was just for roses. its in side next to a window in the front of the house. it has lost most of its leaves, but it appears to be getting new leaves. and a new bud. and all the stems are all still green and looking healthly. please help!! don't want it to DIE!!

You should not move rose bushes during it's growing season, same with any plant. It should come back to health. You say it's producing new buds, I would say by the fall it should be re-established in it's new location.

Yes, it is doing much better. all the leaves fell off and then some of the stems fell off and then they turned black, so i cut them off and now the all came back and they are all happy and i have a new small tiny little bud comming i have named it happy. and i had to transplant it b/c it was going to die faster b/c it was in a small one GAL pot. now its much happier in a 10 GAL pot.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.