in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

Iceberg climber never reblooms

Last post 08-10-2016 1:10 AM by izzie. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-10-2016 1:10 AM

• izzie
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-10-2016
    • Posts 1

Iceberg climber never reblooms

Hi there I am new to this forum. I grow a few roses in a sheltered London garden (plenty of blackspot regrettably...) and I am perplexed about my two climbing icebergs. during the 5 years that these healthy, vigorous plants have been in my garden, they give a marvellous flush of blooms in May/June lasting a good month all told. They then stubbornly refuse to rebloom. At all. After flowering I religiously dead head and I have experimented with taking the stem down to shorter and longer lengths wondering if this may have affected the reblooming capacity. (it hasn't) This year and following advice, I am feeding them regularly with a high potash feed. Can't see any buds developing - but lots of the usual healthy growth spurt that follows the knife. .... I have since read that Iceberg climber ONLY bloom on old wood? Can anybody confirm with authority that this is correct? and is there any way to manipulate this?!?! Am seriously considering ditching these two lovely roses for something a bit more generous. I specifically bought them because of their reputation for repeat flowering. I must've missed the smallprint ... :-( Soooo disappointed. thanks for any input!
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.