in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

Roses dying suddenly

Last post 03-28-2014 8:19 PM by jojo. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-11-2014 4:23 PM

• MyndiH
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-11-2014
    • Posts 2

Roses dying suddenly

Help! I bought 6 roses  in those little bags, I potted them indoors and they were doing great. Now, 3 of them are dying. They are in Miracle grow potting soil and I water them once a week and they get plenty of light.

Does anyone have any ideas? 

Filed under:
  • 03-26-2014 12:45 PM In reply to

• jojo
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-27-2010
    • Posts 31

Re: Roses dying suddenly

What type of roses are they. Give me their rose name and I will look it up.

• 03-28-2014 4:19 PM In reply to

• MyndiH
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-11-2014
    • Posts 2

Blue girl everblooming Hybrid tea rose, mirandy everblooming hybrid tea rose, gold glow hybrid tea rose. I appreciate your time. We may have found the problem. While we were away for the weekend a relative watered the plants using softened tap water. I still don't know how to save them but that is the only difference that has happened in their care.
  • 03-28-2014 8:19 PM In reply to

• jojo
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-27-2010
    • Posts 31

Oh, I didn't notice. Your post says you are growing them indoors. Growing roses indoors, with the exception of a greenhouse, is not a good idea. They get very 'leggy' reaching for the light or sun, and they contract lots of diseases like mites, etc. Roses are an outdoor plant. Just think of David Austin breeding roses in England, a very cold wet climate. Roses like the cold or cool nights plus the outdoor moist air. Your indoors air is too dry for the rose bush. Try growing them outside on a balcony if you don't have a yard to plant them in.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.