in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

my new roses

Last post 01-01-2007 3:47 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-01-2007 3:47 PM

my new roses

so i went to the nursery and bought 2 types of roses. One HT (great century), one miniature (Kristin) and one shrub (Belinda's Dream).

It has been about a month now and my HT is not doing well. My 3 blooms were hollow..probably due to thrips and so i clipped them off and now all they have are leaves.
    The health of the other two is too early to tell right now. I got them a week later.

My question is..
    These were potted roses that i potted in plastic containers. The potting soil that i used was recommended by the nursery which has moss in it as well as others. I also put in like 3 scoops of manure. 75% soil, 25% manure. HOWEVER, i didnt put any bone meal in the soil. also, they told me to buy this synthetic rose food that look like little tiny gray rocks. is that the right kind of fertilizer? should i use a different fertilizer? i want nice blooms!
    when i potted the new rose, i watered it and put in the rose food the same day. is that bad to do?
    the nursery told me i didnt have to use bone meal but everybody on the net is saying i should and im confused by what ppl mean by rose food vs. fertilizer and what kind to use. sorry for being so wordy. but this texan needs help!!!

• 01-01-2007 3:47 PM In reply to

Re: my new roses

Bonemeal is an organic fertilizer. While the fertilizer you used is a chemical mix. It really depends on your prefence on how you fertilize. Both fertilizers will help the rose grow healthy and produce many blooms.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.