in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

Faded roses

Last post 06-23-2010 10:48 PM by Archidixon. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-01-2007 2:57 PM

Faded roses

Hello all-
    I hope you can help. I planted 5 "brilliant pink icebergs", the first bloom was very pink, now it and even the new buds which are small are almost white. Is there anything I can add to the soil or fertilize with to enhance color? Im still quite an amature when it comes to roses, planted my first bush last summer and am totally hooked with 40 or so. Thank you for any advice. . .
  • 01-01-2007 2:57 PM In reply to

Re: Faded roses

Color changes at different times of the year, also from heat and intensity of sunlight. I find light pinks to be the worst culprit for having that washed out look in full summer sun. Its sort of a conundrum, you need the full sun to keep them healthy and get them to bloom a lot, but they look better when placed in part shade, the pinks hold their delicate coloring better. Thats why I enjoy light pinks most in early spring and later autumn, they look their best then to me.
  • 06-23-2010 10:48 PM In reply to

Re: Faded roses

Hello.......

I agree that Color changes at different times of the year, also from heat and intensity of sunlight. There is no need to worry, you juat take proper care of them.............

Thanks.....

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.