in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

Gertrude Jeckyl

Last post 01-01-2007 12:43 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-01-2007 12:42 PM

Gertrude Jeckyl

I would like to plant a Gertrude Jeckel and I would like to know how tall and wide it will grow.

I live in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, near the Pacific coast.

Thanks.

• 01-01-2007 12:43 PM In reply to

Re: Gertrude Jeckyl

About Gertrude Jekyll: It doesn't grow very high or very wide in this climate. I have had two of them and both did not succeed.
    But I have seen some grown successfully elsewhere.

With regards to Gertrude Jekyll in the Vancouver Bc area. The plants I have seen grow tall and upright here. Most people comment on the wonderful scent, but don't like its tall spindly habit. I've yet to see one that is a nice looking bush, but the blooms can be wonderful. If you dont mind that tall whispy growth in the garden, you will love the rose.

I live in the PNW (Washington) and love this rose. She wants to be a big sprawly bush. You can take the long canes and peg them back towards the base of the bush and you will get lots of laterals that should produce bloom. This is my first year to peg her so I'm anxious to see this. The laterals are already coming out and it will look like a huge fountain of blooms I hope. The fragrance is wonderful also. Give her plenty of room, lots of good compost and water and stand back.

Good luck,

RosePetal

I pegged my GJ this year tying the canes over to the side. She put out a zillion bus and is just starting to bloom.I have her by the breakfast window to catch her lovely scent.I put down beneficial Nematodes as J. Beetleslike the Austin leaves as a snack.
    Luanne
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.