in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

Help! Yves Piaget going down!

Last post 07-09-2010 10:28 AM by Michael. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2010 10:28 AM

Help! Yves Piaget going down!

Hi everyone-- very very new to this. My wife decided she'd like roses lining our hill in the front yard-- and like most everything I do-- I bought a bunch of rose bushes, dug a bunch of holes and presto! Instant rose garden, right? Right? Okay, you folks in the know are probably laughing at me right now. I didn't check the soil, and probably a half a dozen other factors. We did mix in rose specific soil, and the majority of the 40 bushes are doing fine. I've been watering every day for the first week (I read this in a rose book). However-- a big however... The front yard is an extreme slope. and along the edge of the southern slope, the entire row of Yves Piaget are not looking so good after only a week. I'm going to buy a PH kit and test the soil to see if I need to add anything there to right the ship. Anything else I should consider? I didn't plant that row myself, that was done by a hired hand.. any harm in digging them up, and checking to make certain there's enough new rose soil mixed in, widening the holes, adding some gravel to the bottom if needed? The alternative to doing nothing is, i fear, the whole row dying out.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.