in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

no blooms

Last post 02-15-2011 10:20 AM by umar khan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-13-2009 4:37 PM

• ruby
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-13-2009
    • Posts 1

no blooms

i have an old lincoln rose bush that was my mother in laws.  she passed away 5 yrs ago and we moved it to our house and it did wonderful, until last year.  It is a beautiful healthy looking bush but hasn't bloomed since the year before last.  is there anything i can do?

• 04-18-2009 11:34 PM In reply to

• admin
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-27-2006
    • Posts 24

Re: no blooms

Is the bush getting enough sun light in its new location? If a rose does not get at least 5 hours of direct sun it will start to grow long shoots and not bloom.

• 06-23-2010 10:39 PM In reply to

No blooms

I think that the plants are being not given proper care.....

• 02-15-2011 10:20 AM In reply to

Re: no blooms

no blooms.i think ur rose bush does not recive 5-6 hours direct sun light.in shade the bush strches many lose growth & no blooms.another cause may be ur re applying too much nitrogen fertilizer.nitrogen stemulates too much foliage,the bush is healthy looking but no blooms.if ur bush recives 5-6 hrs direct light feed it with a good quality rose fertilizer.it contains nitrogen which is essential for development of healthy foliage.second ingrident is phosphorus,it promotes root system thus making it stronger.third ingridient is potash.potash is actually the ingridient very important for flower production.it increases the bloom power & size of the bloom.in fruit trees its very impotant for best results.a good quality rose fertilizer have all these 3 ingridients plus some other minor fertlizer components like zinc,boron,iron etc.in spring also give ur bush some cow well rotted manure.it keeps the soil lose.i think these tips will help to solve ur problem.bye

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.