in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

trying to find old rambling rose

Last post 04-24-2008 5:44 AM by Lill. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2008 8:35 PM

• Judy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-26-2008
    • Posts 1

trying to find old rambling rose

An elderly friend of mine will be 88 years old soon. She has always talked about a rose that she used to have in her yard, many years ago. I would love to find that rose for her and get it for her birthday. She said it smelled really good and was a whitish color with deeper yellowish centers. She said it was a full rose, not the single petal type. It covered her fence, so I am assuming it was a rambler or clinber. The name she keeps telling me is or sounds like " Marsha Neal or Marshall Neal". It could be spelled totally different or even be a French word or some other language that just sounds like Marsha Neal. Does ANYONE have ANY idea as to the identity of this rose??? Thanks so very much!

• 04-24-2008 5:44 AM In reply to

• Lill
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-24-2008
    • Posts 1

Re: trying to find old rambling rose

The rose is Marechal Niel, 1864, a Noistette. Grows to 4 meters, flowers double, soft yellow and fading in bright light, tea scent.

See this link to read more, Photo tab to see pic and also click tab Buy From to find a grower.
    helpmefind.com/rose/pl.php?n=4102

I am sure she will love it.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.