in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

cobwebs

Last post 03-18-2007 10:11 PM by jeanmedley. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2007 3:02 PM

cobwebs

I live in Scottsdale Arizona.  I purchased a rose tree last fall and it was doing fine, but recently I notice cobwebs forming around the tips and in some of the joints.  I just trimmed everything, so they are gone.  If they should return, how do I treat it and what is it?  I have tried to go on the internet to see of there was a rose disease described as such, but no luck.

I am new to roses so do not know much.  Can someone advise me?  Thanks

• 03-18-2007 9:58 PM In reply to

• john
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-14-2007
    • Posts 57

Re: cobwebs

Looks like red spider mites. The cobwebs on the shoots and canes are signs of a spider mite. They will suck the underside of the leaves and dammage the rose bush. This results in yellowed, dried and curled up leaves that eventually fall off the bush. You can get rid of them by using a strong spray from your garden hose to wash them away. Make sure you reach the undersides of the foliage, as this is where they do their damage. You can also try applying rubbing alcohol to the affected leaves. Spider Mites are not insects, so cannot be killed with insecticides.Smile

• 03-18-2007 10:10 PM In reply to

Thanks for the information.  I will do that first thing in the morning.
  • 03-18-2007 10:11 PM In reply to

Thanks for the information.  I will spray them first thing in the morning.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.