in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

Fertilizer which also treats rose diseases

Last post 05-23-2009 4:59 AM by Jersey Shore Rose Novice. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2007 12:55 PM

• Johnef
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-27-2007
    • Posts 1

Fertilizer which also treats rose diseases

I have a french friend who grows mainly old Rose.  She says that when she was in the Uk in 2006 she spoke with a gardener who was applying a combined a proprietory combined Rose Fertilizer and disease treatment, I think it was watered on twice a year.   Being a pensioner like myself she forgot the name of it after she could not find it in France and has charged me with finding it for her.  Done the Garden Centres without result, can anyone out there give me the name of this proprietory treatment or recommend one so that I may purchase it and take it out to France with me later this year.  Please help if you can.

Tks  Johnef

• 01-27-2007 10:24 PM In reply to

• garey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-28-2006
    • Posts 20

Re: Fertilizer which also treats rose diseases

Hi,

I do not know what products you have in the UK, but look for a liquid humus product that will add organic nutrients to the soil. Use this 2 or 3 times during the growing season. Once a month you may spray a weak solution of fish emulsion or manure tea onto the rose bushes. Sorry, I couldn't tell you what disease treatment the gardener was using. Smile

• 04-19-2007 9:57 AM In reply to

• Dennis
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 2

I have seen very little on here about the use of organic worm castings as a fertilizer and as a disease suppressant. I have tried it with excellentt results. Even better is the liquid form which is applied as a foliant.This will control and help prevent most common roses diseases and pests.
  • 05-23-2009 4:59 AM In reply to

Dennis....I love your tip...THANKS so much! Only question, where is the best place to find this type of fertilizer??
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.