in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

Old Ramblers

Last post 01-02-2007 9:21 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2007 9:20 PM

Old Ramblers

I have several rose bushes that came with my new home a year ago. I cannot find them in any books and am confused as to their growth habit. I have three of them. Two were 'sorta trained along a fence line. I have since pruned them a bit and got nice blooms on one of them. The second is appearing a little weak, maybe it's location under a pine tree, even though it gets plenty of sun. The third plant is nestled in a Rhododendron hedge and appears to have a more upright growth habit eventhough it is the same rose as the other two. The plant gets very tall, mayber 1 feet and has large fragrant soft pink cabbage type roses, clustered. The stems, all though they are trained upright are thin in size and tend to flop every which way. I am pretty sure it needs to be climbing. How can I research this rose? It has been established where it is for well over 20 years and I dread moving it. Any suggestions?
  • 01-02-2007 9:21 PM In reply to

Re: Old Ramblers

Take a bloom to your local rose nursery to have it identified. Or look in several rose books in the library or book store to see if you can find a photo of it.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.