in

Rose Gardening Community

A RoseMagazine.com Sponsored Community

Queen elizabeth climber few blooms

Last post 01-02-2007 8:59 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2007 8:58 PM

Queen elizabeth climber few blooms

I planted a bare root Queen Elizabeth climber in 2005. last year no blooms this year about 5 blooms.
    LOTS of cane growth but no more blooms.
    I have read some****ments about this particular rose and its propensity to lack of blooming with excessive cane growth. Is this true or am I doing something wrong?
    Any Ideas?

--------------------

Garden Gramma

• 01-02-2007 8:59 PM In reply to

Re: Queen elizabeth climber few blooms

I have read the same thing. I just bought a Climbing Queen Elizabeth and was reading this morning for planting tips. Most of the sites I came across said that over 95% of people who plant QE are disappointed because of no or few blooms. From what I saw, you were lucky to have 5 blooms. I am like you, hoping that I can find some tips to make it more successful. One site did say that it can be a magnificent bloomer but it takes years for the rose to become established and trained for good blooming.
  • 01-02-2007 8:59 PM In reply to

Re: Queen elizabeth climber few blooms

I just bought a climbing queen elizebeth and planted it in the beginning of may and it has alot of growth, I did not expect any flowers this year.

I read from several others on the gardenWeb forums on the roses that had the same thing happen. They said the bush is good, the climber not.

I think a deer likes the taste of mine as it was growing canes and something chopped it down to side. Glad I didn't pay much for it.

RR

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

Advertise With Us
Your Text Ad Goes Here
Let our Community know of your products and services. Your Ad dollars are well spent at RoseMagazine.com
http://www.rosemagazine.com/form/advertise.asp

Copyright © 2015 Rose Magazine Inc. All rights reserved.